Are you looking for:
- A dynamic career in the disability sector with a variety of work options;
- Flexible working hours including: day, afternoon/evening, weekends, overnight shift work (both inactive and active night shifts), early starts from 7am for bus runs.
- Additional hours of work/shifts to supplement your current work commitments in supporting and promoting individual skills and abilities of people with disabilities.
- Competitive hourly rate and penalty rates on evenings, nights and weekends.
Coastlink is currently seeking passionate, committed and experienced people who have a desire to work on our programs.
- Accommodation and Group Homes
- Day Programs
- Community Access
- Weekend Work
- School Holiday Programs
- After School hours
Coastlink encourages support workers with experience in: manual handling, personal care, working with children, disability accommodation and working with people with challenging behaviours (adult and children). Male support workers are particularly encouraged to apply.
- Mileage reimbursed;
- Salary Sacrificing available to all permanent staff;
- Will consider Part time conversion after 3 months service;
- Flexibility in hours and shifts through Certified Agreement provisions;
- Journey cover for travel;
- Competitive remuneration package;
- Paid ongoing training and professional development;
- Supportive team environment;
- Employee Assistance program; and
- Uniform supplied.
Coastlink is a passionate and dedicated not-for-profit Central Coast organisation, empowering people with a disability to live an inclusive, fun and independent life. We have a team of experienced and caring staff who provide flexible and innovative supports in a family friendly environment.
This is a challenging but rewarding opportunity for you to make a positive change in our client’s lives, and also become a part of our successful and supportive team.
The responsibilities of this role will include:
- Providing professional support to our clients and empower them to meet their goals and aspirations.
- Contributing to the overall care, health and wellbeing of our clients.
- Supporting social engagement and inclusion within the community.
- Building social and communication skills through recreation and leisure activities.
- Support client activities through effective record keeping.
- Transporting clients to fun and inclusive activities.
To be successful in this role you will need:
- A minimum Certificate III in Individual Support (Disability) Or similar Or relevant experience if working towards a relevant qualification.
- A current First Aid Certificate.
- A strong desire to empower people with disabilities and a commitment to supporting and promoting their individual needs,
- skills, abilities and personal goals.
- A high level of written and verbal communication skills.
- Knowledge of NDIS and the NDIS Practice Standards.
- A passion to embrace and apply Coastlink’s values and ethics to foster a culture of positive support, client empowerment, honesty, accountability, inclusion, respect and empathy.
- An NDIS Worker Screen Check, Working with Children Check, current NSW Driver’s license and an RMS driving record.
A COVID-19 Vaccination and Booster Certificate.
- To be a courteous representative of Coastlink in all undertakings with service users, their carers and in the community and portray a positive public image at all times.
If you believe you are the right fit for our organisation and have a passion for improving the lives of others, please complete the form below including your resume and cover letter addressing the criteria above, for consideration, or email firstname.lastname@example.org
If you require any additional information or have any queries please contact Joanne Jackson on 0447 140 319.
We thank all applicants for your interest in our organisation and this role however please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview.
Coastlink acknowledges all Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples as the traditional custodians of the land. Coastlink values diversity and encourages applications from all people.
Our vision is to see happy inclusive communities work together in collaborative and inclusive ways to create opportunity and improve quality of life. Our workforce proudly reflects the local communities we connect with and support.